I’m Sarah –
– a slightly kooky, purple-haired English girl, newly resident in Chilliwack, BC.
– a photographer of people… unique individuals, loving couples, chaotic families and soulful small businesses who are just trying to put their little stamp on the world.
– a lover of words, a writer and a storyteller.
– a wife to my Paramedic husband, Stu (who talks with a funny accent!) and a cat-Mum to our two fur babies, Lewie and Lola. I’m also a daughter to a Maltese Mum and English Dad (who still live on the tiny island in the middle of the Med) and an older sister to my gorgeous, belly dancing lil sis, Hannah, who resides on a completely different Ireland.
– a nomad, with a wanderer’s soul. With such a wide spread family, is that really any surprise? I love to travel at any given opportunity and will take on work anywhere in the world, but especially in the UK, Ireland, Malta and the rest of Europe.
– a bit sweary (that could be a bit of an understatement…).
This lot, right here, are why I do what I do.
In the first shot, my long suffering “fine I’ll stand here while you take another photograph Sarah” husband, Stu. He’s from Derbyshire and he talks funny. Even after 14 years together I don’t always understand what he’s saying. I think he does it on purpose…
The ambulance service is how we met. He was a young trainee Paramedic and I was a Dispatcher, telling him where to go. Nothing’s changed much!
Followed by two rare images…
Lewie + Lola both sitting still for the camera (cat biscuits may have been responsible…)
And me and my family all in one country at the same time! This is a very rare occurrence indeed.
The story behind the heart
When I started training to become a Paramedic I developed a real love of those vintage anatomical drawings – particularly of the heart.
In 2014, my Mum’s heart stopped during a routine operation. She scared the bejeezus out of us! I had a rough time dealing with that event… even though Mum didn’t die, I still went through a grieving process and, as the year came to an end, I felt the need to mark it with something significant. At the age of 35, I got my first tattoo 🙂
I chose an anatomical heart – for Mum and my medical background. The line written is from one of my favourite poems: ‘i carry your heart with me’ by e.e. cummings, which was read on our wedding day. And, in some ways, it represents how I’ve changed emotionally – as someone once pointed out to me, I really do wear my heart on my sleeve!
I rarely switch off from doing the things I love. Photography and words are two of the things I love the most (other than my family) and so it’s hardly surprising that I have plenty of personal work to share as well!
Some awesome people I’ve worked with…
Spring Love Stories Offer If anybody is looking for natural photos to capture amazing memories, Sarah is the woman to call! Spring Love Stories Offer Aaaaah, the sun is shining, the snow is melting… spring is most definitely in the air. Can you feel it? If there’s one...
2018: Going Out With A Bang (or, a year in review...) And a happy new year! I realise it’s almost the end of January already (err, seriously, how did that happen?) but I’m always of the belief that late is better than never. As I’m pretty sure you all know, the last 4...
Small Business Branding Shoot: Mallow Magic Small Business Branding Shoot: Mallow MagicSometimes my job is so hard. Like, really. Having to photograph delicious smelling (and looking) marshmallows and not being able to take a bite? The hardest thing ever. I kid you...